Need urgent help?

If you’re concerned about someone’s immediate safety, 24/7 contact details and advice is below. If symptoms are mild/moderate but you want to talk to someone now, helplines listed below include the 1737 free call or text service.

vector based image of  a mobile phone

What to do in an emergency

Seriously concerned about someone’s immediate safety?

If you’re seriously concerned about someone’s immediate safety:

  • call 111 or take them to the Accident and Emergency Department (A&E) at your nearest hospital
  • phone your nearest hospital, or your Te Whatu Ora district’s psychiatric emergency service or mental health crisis assessment team. The crisis assessment teams offer 24/7 support
  • remain with them and help them to stay safe until support arrives.